With the first live period in the books, here’s a look at some of the top prospects that I saw play in our 16U division.
- Stephen Cain 6’1, All-Iowa Attack East Red
- Cain had a monster game on Sunday versus South Dakota Attack, shooting the ball well from behind the arc, as well as attacking SDA’s forwards off the drive. A willing passer as well, Cain was always looking for the open man and had a knack for finding open cutters. Finished with 26 points, and six made 3’s in that game.
- Caden Zeinner 6’0, Cincinnati Royals
- Zeinner proved to be one of the most versatile scorers in the entire 16U division last weekend. A lethal three point shooter, with the ability to use his dribble to shed defenders and score off the pull-up. He doesn’t let his size bother him as well, constantly being able to create when bigger defenders guarded him. He put up 31 points in the Royals win over FabSo, easily my MVP of the 16U division last weekend. Easy to see why this Royals team went 4-0 in Indy.
- Jency Davis 5’9, FabSo Elite
- Davis played very very well for FabSo Elite coming off the bench, providing a scoring and playmaking punch while he was on the floor. Really good at passing his teammates into open shots, both in the halfcourt and while running in transition. Davis also has a solid pull-up shot and is shifty in the lane, capable of getting his way to the rack and putting up a crafty finish.
- J.T. Rock 7’0, South Dakota Attack
- Rock was one of the main attractions for college coaches during the entire event, and it’s evident why he is a modern college coach’s dream. At 7’0 his presence in the lane is intimidating, deterring shots without jumping half the time. Rock moves very well for a kid his size, especially on the defensive end when guarding a smaller defender. I was very impressed by how well Rock ran the floor, looking to spot up for three, or to rim run for an open dunk. He’s capable of hitting an open three, even though he didn’t shoot particularly well this weekend, he has good form, which is already better than most prospects of his build. He had a monster game versus All-Iowa Attack on Sunday, putting up 28 points in SDA’s win. He holds offers from Creighton, Iowa, Iowa State, Nebraska, Minnesota, & Purdue among others.