Peak Sports Films’ Reviews Some 17u Teams
I wanted to look at a few teams that stood out from the Kansas City Live Period event hosted by RecruitLook Hoops.
- All-Iowa Attack Elite Red 17U
- All-Iowa Attack closed out the weekend in Kansas City with a perfect 4-0 record. This team packs a big scoring punch from behind the arc, with sharp shooter Cooper Randall and three level scorer Grant Welch leading the way. They also have a great defensive anchor in 7’0 Daniel Tobiloba, a monster on the defensive end and while rebounding the basketball. Attack also implements hockey-style line changes with their subbing, an interesting tactic that is worth noting.
- BMM 17U
- BMM went a combined 5-3 over the RL Live Events while playing some of the top competition on our circuit. It all starts with high-major recruit Matthew Reed, one of the best all-around big men I’ve seen in the 2023 class so far. Reed gives his team a lot of versatility and opens up scoring opportunities for his teammates. 6’7 forward Ethan Blackman also played well during both live periods, stretching the floor and banging down low with Reed. Dylan Walker and Coleson Messer also impressed me throughout both weekends.
- Dallas Mustangs 17U
- My first look at the 2022 Dallas Mustangs was at our KC Live Period Event and I came away thoroughly impressed. From their big win over Rocky Mountain Select, I noticed the shooting prowess of Parker Hannah and Connor Newton, the latter of which finished the game with 7 made three pointers. The Mustangs also have powerful slashers in Jordan Kamga and Joseph Mayberry, who helped power the Mustangs to a great weekend in KC going 4-0 over some of the toughest competition in the event.
- Phenom Boys Pip 17U
- I really love how this Phenom Boys team’s roster is constructed, especially the dynamic between David Kim, Cooper Schwieger, and Carson Schwieger. This trio all played on the same high school team in Kansas, and their chemistry is undeniable. Both the Schwieger twins are able to score from all over the floor and keep the offense flowing for Phenom Boys. Combine that with the microwave scoring ability of David Kim, and an additional scoring punch from the likes of Donald Bangham and Micah Piggott, and you have one of my favorite teams to watch during the RL Circuit Live Period events
- Team YOBO /VWBA 17U
- Team VWBA (aka Team YOBO) has always been a well-coached team where Victor Williams maximizes the potential in every one of his players. This team has some of the best guard play on the circuit. Corbin Allen (2025/G) will be one of the top guards in the country when it is all said and done. He has an advanced skill set that you typically don’t see in freshmen that are playing 17u. Corbin recently picked up his first D1 offer. Isaia Howard (2024/G) is breaking out and will be a good college prospect. Josh Salinas (2024/G) is an underrated guard that has college coaches checking in on him. That trio with some athletic wings like Terrius Walker and Winston Allen make this 17u team a tough out.